Bishopton PRU Management Committee
At Bishopton, we have a strong, well informed Management Committee who are committed to the school and ensuring every learner receives the best possible education and achieves the best possible outcomes to prepare them for the next phase of their lives.
The Management Committee is the equivalent of a Governing Body and it’s members are the strategic leaders of our school. They play an important role in providing challenge and support to the school’s Leadership Team. The committee brings together professional expertise and community links. The Management Committee has strategic and statutory responsibility for the school.
The Management Committee is chaired by Mrs Susan Cain and membership comprises of Headteachers and leaders from Secondary and Primary Schools/Academies, staff members and Local Authority representation. We also have a parent who is part of the committee.
The Management Committee of Bishopton is committed to the principles of continuous school improvement. The committee has three core strategic functions:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Providing robust challenge to the Headteacher in relation to all aspects of the work of the school and specifically the educational performance of learners, the behaviour and safety of learners and the performance of all staff.
- Overseeing the financial management of the school and making sure that money is well spent.
At Bishopton the Management Committee is supported by a Resources Committee. This additional committee also meet termly.
The Resources Committee works closely with the Headteacher to discuss the following elements of Governance:
- Premises including Lettings, Risk Assessments and Health and Safety
- Personnel including Employment and Staff Discipline
The following panels will be convened to meet as and when required:
- Personnel Appeals
- Headteacher Performance Management
- Pupil Discipline
- Complaints Panel
- Selection Panel
If you require any further information, about the Management Committee, please ring the school to arrange to speak with a member of Senior Leadership Team.